Search This Blog

Saturday 25 February 2012

Hello again,
I am aiming to make soon a tiny 1.5 inch doll for a 48th scale dolls house,so to practise I made this one.

She is 3 inches tall, and dressed as a maid,all hand knitted.

I used size 1.5mm knitting needles,and the wool is double knit , I take 2 strands from it,this is difficult as it often splits, but can be done.

She is made the same way as the doll I put on before but scaled down,the smaller needles make a smaller item as you will know.

The mop hat is crochet,again a tiny hook and 2 strands of wool.

I think the most difficult thing I have found with this small scale, thin needle and wool knitting is that if I drop a stitch it is almost impossible to pick up,its easier to start again,so can be very annoying.
good luck ,have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment