Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 February 2012


This is my doll dressed.

All the dress parts are oblongs,I cast on 65 stitches for the skirt and continued till long enough,just before the waist I did decrease rows untill the skirt fitted the doll.

The pattern of the skirt is
K1,slip 1, K1 psso, till the end
Purl row
K2,slip 1 ,K1 psso till end
Purl

The bodice is cast on enough stitches to cover front then knit till long enough and do the same for the back.
Just stitch sides and shoulders.

The under skirt is the same amount of stitches as the skirt,after the first row I added knitting lace then continued till waist lengh and did same as the skirt.

The hat is knitting lace,threaded through the holes with matching wool,and pulled to make a frill.
And the glued into place.

The hair takes a little time.
I wind wool round outstretched fingers to make a loop,tie with matching thread and sew this thread to the front center of head.Then I put some glue on the head,back,sides and flattern hair down.
When dry,tease out the wool into each ply this makes the ringlets,wave.


Then I added some bling and she is finished,Good luck with your doll.....

No comments:

Post a Comment